Posted By claire on February 11, 2010
On this day in history, on the 11th February 1466, Elizabeth of York was born and on her 37th birthday, on the 11th February 1503, she died. Fancy dying on your birthday!
But who was Elizabeth of York?
Well, you can read my full fact-file on Elizabeth of York in “Happy Birthday and RIP Elizabeth of York” over at The Anne Boleyn Files, but Elizabeth of York was:-
- Daughter of Edward IV and Elizabeth Woodville
- Sister of “The Princes in the Tower”
- Wife of Henry VII
- Mother of Henry VIII, Margaret Tudor (Queen Consort of Scotland) and Mary Tudor (Queen of France)
- Grandmother of Edward VI, Mary I, Elizabeth I and James V of Scotland
- Great-grandmother of James VI/I and Frances Grey (nee Brandon)
- Great-great-grandmother of Lady Jane Grey
- A woman famed for her beauty, a true English Rose
- The woman who helped Henry Tudor unite the Houses of Lancaster and York
Other Birthdays Today
Happy Birthday Natalie Dormer! The actress who played Anne Boleyn so brilliantly in “The Tudors” celebrates her birthday today as does Elizabeth Files and Anne Boleyn Files creator, Claire – Claire of Lancaster (having been born in Lancashire). To celebrate my birthday, I’m giving you all 10% off orders from The Elizabeth Files and Anne Boleyn Files – simply enter BIRTHDAY10 in the coupon box at checkout. The code is valid from today (11th) until the end of Monday 15th.