For all your Elizabeth I and Tudor questions!
Claire is no longer able to answer questions on this website. If you want do discuss anything to do with Elizabeth I or the Tudors (or any of the other fascinating people of the time) please head over to the forum at the Anne Boleyn Files (here) where you’ll find all the help you need!
Here are the questions people have already asked:
8. What is the connection between Leticia Knolleys and Cornwall. I saw a painting of her on St. Michaels Mount and know she was a patron of the poet Sidney - is this the Sidney family from Godolphin House? Or is the connection Mary Sidney sister of Robert Dudley? I'm really excited to have discovered your website. Its wonderful.
11. Who do you think did the best job of portraying Elizabeth on film? I just finished watching Glenda Jackson in "Elizabeth R" for the second time, and I think Glenda was spot on in her portrayal of Elizabeth-simply the best!
14. In Raymond Lamont-Browns's book "How Fat was Henry VIII, he mentions the story that Robert Dudley and Elizabeth actually had a son together-named Arthur and when he was 5 years old was sent to Kat Ashley's husband to be educated! Do you think most historians think this story is actually plausible, since Elizabeth was know at the "Virgin Queen"?
21. Are there many belongings of the Tudors (particularly Elizabeth and Anne Boleyn's) left in English museums? I was wondering if you thought a lot of them were destroyed by the "anti-royalists" from the 17th and 18th centuries? (Until I can go to England myself and visit the wonderful museums myself, this is something I have ofter wondered about.)
23. I was wondering if the current Queen Elizabeth II ever metioned Elizabeth I in any of her speeches,or if she is a "fan" of her famous ancestor? She has access to so much Tudor history, I wonder if she was interested in it.
30. Please forgive my morbid curiousity, but in the 500 years since the death of Queen Elizabeth I has her tomb ever been opened or the body examined ? I'd like to know how she was dressed , and if any jewells were burried with her ? Thank-you
32. I dont think its really an elizabeth q or not but do you think there is any chance showtime will be smart and give us more tudors in the form of mary and PLEASE PLEASE elizabeth because I think many a tudor fan would love to see it and it would make a killer series if done like the first 4 series.
34. Why did Elizabeth hate Lettice so much? I know a big part of it was her marriage to Robert Dudley but what was her reasoning for disliking her before the marriage? Did she ever say? I've read that it was because she was jealous of Lettice's looks.